
Tomorrow is November 4.
I know you're sarcastically thinking, "Yes, Christy, I know how to read a calendar!"
Still, it will not be a normal day.
Unless you have been living under a rock, you know that tomorrow will be the day that the United States of America votes for its next president.
This election is going to be a historic one.
There are so many reasons why this is the case.
Even a quick look at the presidential candidates that have been campaigning throughout the election process should tell you this.
This is also a critical point in history.
We are at war.
The economy is not exactly what it should be.
My personal beliefs are even being compromised with the addition of new laws in certain states.
It goes on.
I encourage you to vote.
More than that, I encourage you to know what you're voting for.
Don't pick a candidate based on which person you like best.
Base your vote on the issues a candidate stands for.
If those issues are your beliefs, vote for them.
I could tell you who to vote for, but I will refrain from doing so.
I'm praying for this election.
I pray that God's will be done with it--even if we don't have the same candidate in mind.
God has a plan for whatever happens.
"America, America, God shed His grace on thee..."
God, shed your grace on us.



2 comments:
Amen.
Hey, you started your blog to blog, right? So start blogging. Don't just say vote. Tell us what you believe in and why. Remember those guys who pledged their lives, fortunes, and sacred honor? The made that pledge because the said what was in their heart, because they loved freedom and liberty, even in the face of those that would suppress it. I think you have a good start. I may follow for you for a few days. Remember that this country is not great because of diversity or its government or because everything is equal, but is great because of opportunity. Opportunity to succeed and fail. Opportunity to to become what you want. Opportunity to worship what you want. Some of the candidates do not believe in liberty, in fact are trying to enslave us. The preamble says provide for the common defense and promote the general welfare, not provide the general welfare. The founders knew the difference in the words.
I will vote for McCain because he more closely, if I can say that, follows my views on freedom, liberty, and personal responsibility. I am a Libertarian, mostly.I am usually not an alarmist, but please vote for McCain. God bless America, and may God protect us from ourselves.
Post a Comment