Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Sailing away on the Box Sea


Sadly, inevitably, gratefully...
My first year of college has come to an end.

Right now, sitting in my dorm room with a sea of cardboard boxes waiting impatiently to be filled so I can move out of the dorm, I'm thinking over my year.

It was amazing.
I learned a lot (oh, surprise, surprise), had some great (and many not-so-great) experiences, made some good friends and started on my way to becoming who it is I want to become (more on that later).

It was a year filled with so many possibilities; most everything was new to me.
Despite the fact that I came to college last fall with nearly enough credits to be a sophomore, I was still having my first year.
It was challenging, but it was wonderful and worth it.

I feel like I could go into detail after detail about my first year of college, but I'll save those posts for another day.

In a way, I'm grateful that the year is over. No more classes until fall!
On the other hand, I'm sad and wishing that good things didn't always have to come to ends.
I know I'll never have another year like this again.
My next year of college won't be defined by all the firsts I've had; it will be building on these first foundations I've made.

I have my memories, and all I can do is reflect.
Don't worry... It's a joyful sort of reflection.
Excuse me now.
I need to get back to sailing the Box Sea.

1 comments:

Mrs. Hawk said...

congrats Christy!I can't believe you've sailed through your first year. Enjoy the wonderful extensive summer vacation College kids are blessed with.