Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Boys and Girls


When I was sitting at lunch with some friends yesterday, one of them brought up something that I found pretty amusing.

She said she found it funny that, though we are in college, most of us had been referring to our peers as boys and girls instead of as men and women.

I dawned on me that I had, in fact, been doing that.
It's habit!
When you've been calling someone something for years and years, change can be hard to come by.

Plus, though I'm an adult, but there are times that I don't feel like it.
I guess I must unconsciously assume that everyone feels the same way I do.

What's a girl to do?

I suppose that I'll have to bite my tongue and refer to people as adults, even though many of us students are still getting there.

Knowing when to bite one's tongue is a sign of adulthood I suppose.

0 comments: