Tuesday, February 17, 2009

On the contra-ary!

This semester, I have discovered a new pastime.

Dancing. Contra dancing, to be exact. :-)


I am terrible at it, but I really don't give a care. It's fun.

Contra dancing is like a cross between square dancing and English country dancing (or something like that), complete with cheesy music and someone telling you what to do the whole time.

Now, doesn't that just sound wonderful?
I was very skeptical that I would like it at first, but I suppose even skeptics like me can be proven wrong once.

I think the being terrible part comes from having a dance partner.
I'm used to dancing by myself.
At least I can blame my partner if I don't do well!

It's kind of confusing at first. There are almost too many steps to follow.

Nevertheless, I like it.
One does get the hang of it.

I've been twice with a group of friends, and I wouldn't be opposed to going again.
It kind of makes me want to try other types of dance too!

Here's some of what the dancing looks like:

0 comments: